Tuesday, September 11, 2012

conventionwars

I can officially say, after watching both conventions, that we are all insane. But mostly Clint Eastwood. I think we all knew that already.
You know what I think? I think we're all insane. I don't discriminate against who I call insane. I'm a little insane. We all have a little bit of oops. We say stupid things sometimes. After watching both conventions I can say that the republicans slipped up, and that the democrats slipped up. Watch the Daily Show, people. It really surprises me that so many democrats think of themselves as the most accepting people ever- and then turn around and maliciously stereotype the republicans.
And yes, we know that Clint Eastwood is a raging old man who's sort of lost his mind- you know that. You can see it as plainly as you would call any other man yelling at a chair insane.
But I'm still so hung up on the whole honest Paul Ryan idea. Fact-checkers had a may day with his speech- a speech made mostly out of exaggeration, vague, and lies.
So much for honest Paul Ryan.
And I know that I could evaluate every single one of the speeches that were spoken at both conventions, I know people have, I know people will continue to. But I, for one, will leave the most of that to you- if you have any thoughts, I'd like to hear them. 

1 comment:

  1. you know, I've recently been trying to pop myself out of that whole "DEMOCRAAAAAT!" mind frame. Watching those conventions....it was just a little strange, y'know? Our whole country is cut in half by this whole Democrat vs.Republican thing, and it's a little weird to see people reduced into maniacs screaming "USA! USA!' at both conventions. I just...I don't know.
    Everyone thinks of themselves as open-minded, so maybe Im totally wrong, but I think that this has stopped becoming about our country, and has become more about whether your a democrat or a republican.
    Who cares?
    Political standing shouldn't be tearing down relationships like it's been doing so frequently.
    I hope to remain in the middle ground, where I can calmly and politely observe both sides of the argument.
    :)

    ReplyDelete