Friday, January 27, 2012

My Moral Opposition to Dresses- and Bathrooms

(If you missed, numbers one two and three of HAGNW)

This might seem silly to you.
But...
Yeah, this. Bathrooms. I mean, first of all, look at how much skinnier the female's legs are. That's just weird.
But mostly, it's the dress.
I mean, really? Right, so we all have to wear dresses to be considered women? And is there a rule somewhere that says men can't wear dresses (also, that could totally be a kilt- it's kind of vague)? These symbols show up in the majority of places. Is this the best people can come up with? 
There are other ways to put across the idea. The idea that isn't even very well expressed by these two figures in the first place. If you put pictures on the bathroom door, there's always that chance that people will mess it up.
But, also, who the heck cares which bathroom you go in anyway?
But aside from that.
I drew a picture for you.
Yeah. This. These are pretty well-known symbols... so it's a heck of a lot better than just writing WOMEN or MEN across the door, since some people aren't literate.
Because, really. I haven't worn a dress since I was ten, and nothing could get me back into one now. I knew a girl that never wore dresses. Ever (except that time our teacher forced us, which was awful).
Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I wear dresses or have skinny legs. And, in a way, this is telling me I should.
And I
at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment